TAMPA, FL (June 22, 2012) Tampa-based research, strategy and marketing firm, HCP, has been named a semi-finalist for the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business of the Year Award.
HCP competed with more than 250 nominees and is now one of ten semi-finalists for businesses with less than 20 employees. The team of judges used the following elements as the criteria for choosing the semi-finalists:
• History & philosophy (solid ethical business practices)
• Management (business goals, planning)
• Operational management (personnel, profitability and administrative processes)
• Innovativeness and response to adversity/economic conditions/competition
• Leadership and community contributions (community service involvement, leadership and corporate citizenship)
Eric Polins, Senior Strategist and Partner of HCP commented, “We are grateful to be in the top ten and looking forward to the final stages of the competition.”
The 2012 Small Business of the year will be announced on Friday, September 28, 2012, at the Tampa Convention Center. This is the most celebrated and well attended event that the Chamber holds each year, with more than 1,000 guests in attendance.
For more information on the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business of the Year award, visit www.tampachamber.com.