Marketing Communications Intern
HCP Associates is a 37-year-old research-based marketing firm in the Channelside Arts District in Downtown Tampa. We offer research, strategy, and marketing support to companies in various industries located within the Tampa Bay Area and beyond.
HCP is currently seeking an energetic and professional Marketing/Communications Intern. This role includes assisting the Manager of Client Services in supporting both marketing retainer clients as well as special projects. The position involves writing AP-style press releases, secondary research, content for newsletters, copywriting and editing, corporate collateral pieces, and social media posts. We are seeking someone with very good writing skills, who can assist with multiple ongoing projects and who is excited to learn more about the marketing and communications industry at a boutique firm.
- Assist with monitoring and managing social media calendars regularly for all marketing and communication-based retainer clients, shadowing the Manager of Client Services to aid in content creation, development, and support
- Support Manager of Client Services with projects as needed, including but not limited to: copy editing, client newsletters, web stories, press releases, social media content, e-mail campaigns etc.
- Assist with reviewing and performing quality assurance checks on all client websites regularly to ensure any necessary changes, edits, and or content updates are made
- Assisting with trade shows and conference event coordination, which includes assembling client schedules, booth logistics, pre-show communication, sourcing promotional item options, and sponsorship collateral
- Conduct secondary research to analyze competitive market trends, and prepare reports by collecting, summarizing, and analyzing data
- Become familiar with the various industries of our retainer clients and their suite of services.
Passionate team player that is interested in learning more about the dynamics of a busy marketing, communications, research, and consulting firm, who has strong communication and editing skills, and the ability to multitask under pressure. Skilled in light technical writing, and a basic understanding of social media marketing. A self-starter, critical thinker, and possesses organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines effectively/efficiently. A junior, senior, or recent graduate from an accredited University; preferably a degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Communications or Marketing.
Interested parties may apply below with a cover letter and resume.
Please, no calls or walk-ins. Interviews and/or calls are by appointment only.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.