HCP Associates is a 35-year-old research-based marketing firm based in the Channelside District in Downtown Tampa. We provide research, strategy, and marketing support to companies in numerous industries located within the Tampa Bay Area and beyond.
HCP is currently seeking an energetic and professional Research Manager. This role includes managing qualitative, quantitative, primary, and secondary research, including competitor and industry research, stakeholder interviews, surveys (online, web, direct mail, intercepts, and focus groups), secret shopping, data mining, etc. The Research Manager works closely with clients, team members, vendors, and senior management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Vice President to represent the firm and interact directly with all clients who require research-related support or consulting
- Manage research project administration, including providing timely updates to clients, managing project budgets, and coordinating with vendors
- Conduct secondary research on industry trends and themes for HCP and its clients
- Design study methodologies and survey instruments for projects
- Analyze both qualitative and quantitative data using best practices with a strong emphasis on creating data-driven narratives with real-world application
- Create compelling presentations that display the data in an easy-to-understand format
- Produce written reports, executive summaries, agendas, and other documentation in a professional fashion
- Give presentations to audiences ranging from internal client teams to public audiences
- Participate in weekly project management reporting in our cloud-based traffic system
- Produce research-driven content for HCP, including whitepapers, blog posts, and more
- Establish relationships across departments and understand client needs, the consumer experience, research and marketing strategies, and operational capabilities.
- Support account budget preparations and annual planning
An ideal candidate should have:
- A self-starting mindset unafraid to learn new industries and technologies
- Superior statistics and analytical skills
- Strong writing skills
- An ability to build solid strategic relationships with clients and business leaders
- Detail-oriented organizational and time management capabilities
- Strong oral presentation skills
- Problem-solving prowess
- Impeccable quality assurance
Software / Technical skills:
- (Required) Proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint
- (Required) Mastery of MS Excel
- (Required) Familiarity with a major statistics software such as R, SPSS, Stata, etc.
- (Optional, preferred) Experience with R statistics
- (Required) Experience configuring online survey platforms
- (Optional, preferred) Direct experience with SurveyMonkey
- (Optional, preferred) Familiarity with GIS Software
- (Optional, preferred) Familiarity with Python
- (Optional, preferred) Familiarity with producing analytics out of major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
A four-year degree in public administration, economics, market research, psychology, statistics, or a related field is required. Three to five years of previous related experience is preferred.
This is a full-time, on-site position. HCP Associates is an equal opportunity workplace with a stable environment and healthy work/life balance. HCP offers 100 percent health insurance coverage for its employees, a matching Simple IRA (up to 3 percent), an annual continuing education stipend, and numerous other perks that make HCP a fun and unique workplace. We offer a flexible office work schedule, team building opportunities, and a collaborative environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and work samples to Lynn Cronin at email@example.com.