TAMPA, Fla. (December 14, 2015) Senior Research Director, Sarah Lindemuth, served as a juror for the Tampa Downtown Partnership’s 2015 Urban Excellence Awards. In its ninth year, the program serves to recognize businesses, organizations, individuals, events and projects that have made a significant contribution toward creating a unique, vibrant, and diverse Downtown Tampa and a lasting impact on the community.
The winners were announced in a ceremony at Le Méridien Tampa Hotel last Tuesday evening. Award categories and their respective award recipients included:
- Public Sector Project: Kennedy Plaza Segment of the Riverwalk
- Private Sector Project: UT Innovation and Collaboration Building
- Downtown Collaboration: AIA Design Week / Selmon Greenway
- Landmark Development: ENCORE!
- Downtown Detail: Stay Curious by Bask and Tes One, Commissioned by City of Tampa Art Programs Division
- Downtown Experience Award: Coast Bike Share
- Activating Spaces: Tampa RiverFest
- Marketplace: Pour House and Ginger Beard Coffee
- Person of the Year: Jeff Vinik
- People’s Choice: European Wax Center
For more information on the program, visit http://www.tampasdowntown.com/the-partnership/services-programs/urban-excellence.aspx.