The Web Developer/Designer is responsible for the development and design of major and minor web components for internal and external clients. The designer will design, develop, optimize, test, and deliver websites, applications, and components. Enhancements will be required on an ongoing basis. The best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the projects. The designer must have the ability to create web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design and production deployment. Additionally, the designer will be required to have experience in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, and social media integration as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration. Working knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics is also necessary.
Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this position.
- Operate effectively as a member of the development team
- Operate effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Responsible for meeting expectations and high-quality deliverables on time
- Responsible for the development of web applications and components
- Responsible for the design and development of webpages, graphics, multimedia, and GUIs
- Effectively develop in a clean, well-structured, easily maintainable format
- Utilize storyboarding and graphic pre-designs, when appropriate
- Demonstrate creative, technical, and analytical skills
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in technical and business environments
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications. Minimum of one (1) year of web design and development experience is required
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUIs for maximizing usability
- Front-end and some back-end development experience. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front to back-end functionality
- Working knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, and social media integration
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under deadlines and times of elevated stress
- BS / BA / BFA university degree preferred, but not required
To apply for this position, please send an e-mail containing your cover letter, resume, and samples of your best work (link to portfolio site) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.