HCP Associates is 32-year-old research-driven marketing firm headquartered in the Channelside Arts District in Downtown Tampa. HCP is currently seeking an energetic and professional Research Analyst.
This position is responsible for producing high-quality research for the variety of HCP’s research projects. The research analyst is involved in the full scope of projects, and must be capable of project management, methodology and survey design, analytical writing and presentation preparation, and preparation delivery. The research analyst must engage with HCP’s clientele and the community to understand needs and wants that are not easily gleaned from simply being behind a desk – this is not a back-office position.
- Thorough understanding of descriptive statistics, regressions, and data science fundamentals used in quantitative research.
- (Optional, Recommended) Direct experience conducting survey work.
- Understanding of qualitative research techniques, such as case studies, stakeholder interviewing, secret shopping, competitor analysis, open-ended response classification and others.
- Taking a big-picture view with recognizing opportunities to provide new solutions to clients’ business needs; always exploring the opportunity for further research.
- An expertise in delving into unfamiliar subject matter and interpreting second- and third-party documents and summarizing them into concise syntheses.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and case studies that accurately portray the results of research with a compelling, professional narrative.
- Ability to produce eye-catching presentations, infographics and other creative materials with the assistance of HCP’s creative professionals.
- Maintaining a standard of professionalism and fostering constructive relationships with clientele as well as business and community leaders.
- Ability to speak before and present findings to small and large audiences. Our clientele include government figures and some presentations are broadcast publically.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to plan expected future workloads.
- Ability to contribute correct estimations to RFQ’s/RFP’s and other project estimations.
- A drive and desire to meet deadlines.
- Very strong attention to detail.
Software / Technical:
- Working knowledge of R or SPSS for statistics.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel, including:
- Pivot Tables
- Data Manipulation
- (optional) VBA Macros & Automation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- A willingness to learn new and unfamiliar tools and technology stacks.
- (Optional, Recommended) Familiarity with Python or other programming languages often used in a data science environment and process automation.
- (Optional, Recommended) Familiarity with Google Analytics and website traffic patterns.
- (Optional, Recommended) Familiarity with Google AdWords and other digital advertising platforms.
A four-year degree in marketing, economics, market research, advertising, psychology, statistics or a related field is required. Three to seven (3-7) years previous related experience is required. Those driven by a professional and self-starter attitude are encouraged to apply. The ability to perform multiple research- focused job functions in a fast-paced environment is a must. An understanding of social media and modern digital advertising practices is important.
HCP Associates is an equal opportunity employer with a long history of successful associates that find our firm a stable environment with a good work/life balance. HCP offers 100 percent health insurance coverage for its full-time employees, an IRA plan (matching up to 3 percent), continuing education stipends and numerous other perks that make HCP a fun and progressive workplace.
HCP Associates is a privately held professional services firm offering research, strategy and marketing services to national and international clientele in a broad collection of niche B2B and B2C markets. Our firm has a 32-year history of developing new and exciting business tactics and we are especially proud of our many accomplishments in the Tampa Bay Area.
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to Lynn Cronin at firstname.lastname@example.org.