HCP Associates is a 35-year-old research-based marketing firm based in the Channelside Arts District in Downtown Tampa. We offer research, strategy, and marketing support to companies in various industries located within the Tampa Bay Area and beyond.
HCP is currently seeking an energetic and professional Research Intern. This role includes assisting HCP’s research staff with qualitative, quantitative, primary research, and secondary research (including competitor and industry research, stakeholder interviews, surveys of all formats, and more).
Over the course of this internship, the selected candidate will gain experience in survey design, data analysis, reporting, and presentation with both public and private-sector clients. The research intern will be expected to conduct both telephonic survey interviews and in-person canvassing.
- Conducting telephonic survey interviews
- Canvassing select geographies within the City of Tampa to spur survey participation
- Assist in research plan development, survey design, study analysis, and reporting
- Audit client research plans with HCP’s research staff
- Assist in completing competitor research; help evaluate, interpret and report findings
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations using charts, graphs, and other visual mediums
- Source recent articles, industry-related blog postings, news alerts, social media posts, and newsletter articles for HCP and clients
- Participate in weekly project management meetings and report in HCP’s traffic system
- Brainstorm ideas for sharing research findings on HCP’s and client’s social media
- Help manage and regularly update the HCP contact database
HCP seeks a professional, affable, and organized candidate for this position. Applicants must have:
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Familiarity with statistical software such as R, SPSS, or STATA
- Coursework experience in one of the fields of marketing, advertising, psychology, statistics, economics, or other analytical social sciences
- The ability to synthesize facts and figures into a coherent written narrative
- A self-starting, solutions-focused attitude