HCP Associates is 35-year-old research-based marketing firm based in the Channelside Arts District of Downtown Tampa. We offer research, strategy, and marketing support to clients in various industries within the Tampa Bay Area and across the country.
HCP is currently seeking an energetic Communications Intern. The position involves writing AP style press releases, newsletters, brochures, website and print collateral content, and social media posts. We seek someone with very good writing and research skills, who can gather both independent research and primary information from clients as well as senior leadership with the firm, to produce quality content under the direction of the Manager of Communications.
Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this position.
- Research, write and edit copy for marketing communications including but not limited to print and online articles, newsletters, videos, webinars, infographics, white papers, case studies, blog posts, websites, social media content and more.
- Draft website copy as well as supporting e-mail and social media copy to drive demand for content initiatives.
- Collaborate with account management, design, digital, research and other teams to develop compelling and often unexpected content plans.
- Interview subject matter experts on a variety of topics and translate that information into captivating and concrete storytelling.
- Think strategically and participate in creative concepting in a wide range of media, beyond the “what is” into the realm of “what can be”.
- Establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
- Work with the Manager of Communication to develop a public relations plan for all retainer-based clients.
We are looking for a passionate team-player that understands the dynamics of a busy marketing, communications, research, and consulting firm. You should have exceptional written and verbal communication and editing skills, experience in business to business creative writing, skilled in light technical writing, basic understanding of social media and website content development, and ability to draft a standard 400-word AP style press release. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of major newswire applications and reports, self-starter, good researcher and able to work directly with clients. This position is ideal for a junior, senior or recent graduate from an accredited University; prefer degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing.